Author Topic: Generic Chit-chat  (Read 826 times)

wapatango

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Generic Chit-chat
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »
I figured that it would be good to start a thread for any random off-topic conversations. 

Tonight I finally did something I've thought about doing for a long time.  I created 26 word documents for the different threads we've started so that I can put down my ideas as they come to me until I am ready to post.  I've had lots of thoughts initially, but b/c I had nowhere to write them down nor was I ready to post a response, I let them sit in my head which meant they got crowded away and hard to find.  Now, I can go back through reread the posts, put some of those ideas down and hopefully write some responses before my life gets busy.  (Yes, I know it is busy now, but it is nothing to what it will be like 48 days from now.)  And, in case you haven't noticed, I write like I talk. 

Just hit level 41 in DV.  How exciting!!  Any success on your diamond display egg?

Fletch_smf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Chit-chat
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
I only just got my dragon , lol. No egg yet. I think I have a Mötley egg though, so that's good.

Glad you are getting yourself organized. I hope you know, that I don't expecting and involved answers when you don't have the time. Stopping by to post a couple of sentences is fine.

I finally posted in the staff board at the forum to invite them over here. Pixie has already joined up. I hope more are reading deciding if they want to be part of the dialogue.

Good idea to make a general thread. I am married and have been for more than half of my 44 years. I have 4 kids. I am saying this because I am unsure of your family, and it would be rude to ask without offering mine first.

wapatango

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »
Glad you are getting yourself organized. I hope you know, that I don't expecting and involved answers when you don't have the time. Stopping by to post a couple of sentences is fine.

The only problem with that plan is that I leave the messages unread so that I know which ones I still have to reply to.  If I reply to part, I might forget to reply to all.  However, I might give it a try.  After getting organized I hurt my wrist, so was using the computer as little as possible outside of work.  Most of my forum posts have been done with the ipad which is incredibly annoying, especially if any copying or pasting is involved like for these posts.  My wrist is still hurting, but I hope it is on the mend.  I have done some thinking about answers, even though I haven't done much typing. 

I finally posted in the staff board at the forum to invite them over here. Pixie has already joined up. I hope more are reading deciding if they want to be part of the dialogue.

I hope so, especially if they can help me keep up my end of the conversation.  :) 

Good idea to make a general thread. I am married and have been for more than half of my 44 years. I have 4 kids. I am saying this because I am unsure of your family, and it would be rude to ask without offering mine first.

Don't feel bad that you haven't asked about my family before.  I am actually not married, which for me means that I also have no children.  However, I have one brother who is much younger than I am.  If anything happened to my parents, he would be in my custody because I have been like a second mom to him.  (I do have other siblings but they are all old enough to have families of their own.) 

wapatango

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Sorry I have been AWOL so long.  I know everyone thinks differently, but I have to have at least an hour, usually more, to be able to sit down and think through a response.  It is hard to find an hour block of time.  It is even harder to find one at a time when my brain is not too tired to think.  I love what I do, but it takes a great deal of time and energy.  In the summer, I am seriously at work for at least 12 hours a day 5 days a week, and I spend part of the weekend working too.  Although I can take a 5 or 10 minutes here or there for a breather, I can't take an hour or more. 

I know I have two big busy weeks ahead of me, so I doubt I will have any more responses before September, but I wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten or completely abandonned this discussion.  I simply have less time, and now that you have so many posts to which I need to respond, I admit it is a little overwhelming. 

Speaking of overwhelming...I have a huge presentation to master in a little over a week, and I will have very little time to work on it.  So, I had best get back to work.  I hope you've had a good winter?

Fletch_smf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »
Hi Lindy,

No problems on the delays. I certainly understand how life can get busy. I haven't been checking in here as recently, but I see this was two weeks ago! Anyway, I'll reply to you when I can. I'm pretty busy right now as well. Maybe it will give you a chance to catch up. lol

And don't stress about all the replies. I know what it was like when I saw all your replies to my posts and just how overwhelming it was. But I looked at them one thread at a time and replied when I could. I just had a lot of spare time at that point and could work my way through it all relatively quickly. I am super excited to see your replies. Thanks for taking the time.

Shane

wapatango

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
As you can see, it has taken forever, and the problem has gotten worse.  :)  So many new responses...  I got to two things today.  I hope it won't take as long this time to get to some of the others.  Sadly, things have only gotten busier at work as we've had some workers retire, and others move to new jobs.  We've also had some new people join our team who've needed training.  So, we'll see what happens.  The good news is that although it might take me forever to get back, I haven't forsaken the conversation.